Home Local News COLLETT EXPLAINS POLICE CHIEF SELECTION PROCESS

COLLETT EXPLAINS POLICE CHIEF SELECTION PROCESS

196
SHARE

CITY MANAGER MIKE COLLETT DISCUSSED THE PROCESS OF SELECTING A NEW SIOUX CITY POLICE CHIEF WEDNESDAY NIGHT BEFORE A PUBLIC GATHERING WITH THE TWO FINALISTS FOR THE POSITION:

PROCESS1 OC…..PASSED THAT TEST. :21

TWO OF THOSE FOUR FINALISTS THEN WITHDREW FOR PERSONAL REASONS, LEAVING SCOTT EBNER OF GEORGIA AND ROBERT TREBES OF BULLHEAD CITY, ARIZONA AS THE TWO FINALISTS.

COLLETT SAYS THEY MET THIS WEEK WITH SEVERAL LOCAL PANELS:

PROCESS2 OC…….WITH THE CANDIDATES. ;14

THE CITY MANAGER THEN MAKES HIS DECISION ON THE NEW CHIEF WITH THE CITY COUNCIL VOTING ON IT:

PROCESS3 OC….VERY IMPORTANT. ;07

ONLY ONE APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WAS FROM THE SIOUX CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT.

COLLETT SAYS THAT PERSON DID NOT ADVANCE TO THE ASSESSMENT CENTER.

THAT MEANS THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TIME IN 30 YEARS THE NEW CHIEF WILL BE HIRED FROM OUTSIDE THE LOCAL DEPARTMENT TO SUCCEED CURRENT CHIEF REX MUELLER:

PROCESS4 OC…….EXPERIENCED BEFORE. :08

COLLETT ESTIMATES THE WHOLE PROCESS SO FAR HAS COST THE CITY AROUND $35-THOUSAND DOLLARS.

NO EXACT TIMELINE IS SET TO FINALIZE THE DECISION ON A NEW CHIEF.