Home Local News FIRE RESCUE RELEASES CAUSE OF GORDON DRIVE RESTAURANT FIRE

FIRE RESCUE RELEASES CAUSE OF GORDON DRIVE RESTAURANT FIRE

442
0
SHARE

SIOUX CITY FIRE RESCUE HAS RELEASED THE CAUSE OF THE FIRE THAT CAUSED MAJOR DAMAGE MONDAY MORNING TO D’LEON’S TACO RICO RESTAURANT AT 4301 GORDON DRIVE.

INVESTIGATORS SAY SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION OF GREASY CLEANING TOWELS IN A NONMETAL COLLECTION BIN IGNITED AND SPREAD TO NEARBY COMBUSTIBLES.

FIREFIGHTERS ENCOUNTERED HIGH HEAT AND HEAVY SMOKE IN THE DINING AREA WHEN THEY ARRIVED AROUND 3:15AM AND LOCATED A FIRE IN THE REAR STORAGE AREA OF THE RESTAURANT.

THE BUILDING SUSTAINED HEAVY FIRE DAMAGE IN THE REAR ROOMS OF THE RESTAURANT AND SMOKE AND HEAT DAMAGE THROUGHOUT THE STRUCTURE.

THE STRUCTURE HAS BEEN RED-TAGGED UNTIL REPAIRS ARE COMPLETED.

NO INJURIES WERE REPORTED.

PHOTO COURTESY CBS-14