Home Local News TWO ELDERLY RESIDENTS FOUND DEAD FROM CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING-UPDATE

TWO ELDERLY RESIDENTS FOUND DEAD FROM CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING-UPDATE

2048
0
SHARE

updated by Josie Cooper 8;45am 12/15/16

TWO ELDERLY SOUTH SIOUX CITY RESIDENTS WERE FOUND DEAD WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AT THEIR HOME ON CRYSTAL VIEW COURT.

SOUTH SIOUX CITY POLICE LIEUTENANT CHRIS CHERNOCK SAY THE COUPLE, IN THEIR MID TO LATE 80’S, DIED FROM CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING.

HE SAYS THE COUPLE HAD EXPERIENCED CAR TROUBLE EARLIER IN THE WEEK AND HAD TO CHANGE OUT THEIR CAR BATTERY.

ONE OF THE VICTIMS APPARENTLY STARTED THEIR CAR WITH THE GARAGE DOOR CLOSED, AND EXHAUST FUMES ENTERED THEIR HOME THROUGH AN ADJOINING OPEN DOOR, OVERCOMING THEM.

CHERNOCK SAYS THE INCIDENT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE A SUICIDE OR FOUL PLAY EVENT, BUT RATHER A TRAGIC ACCIDENT.

A FAMILY MEMBER DISCOVERED THE BODIES AND NOTIFIED AUTHORITIES. CHERNOCK SAYS THE HEARTS OF THOSE IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENT GO OUT TO THE VICTIM’S FAMILY.

PREVIOUS STORY———————————————-

TWO ELDERLY SOUTH SIOUX CITY RESIDENTS WERE FOUND DEAD WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AT THEIR HOME ON CRYSTAL VIEW COURT.

SOUTH SIOUX CITY POLICE SAY THE COUPLE, IN THEIR MID TO LATE 80’S, MAY HAVE DIED FROM CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING.

ONE OF THE VICTIMS APPARNETLY STARTED THEIR CAR WITH THE GARAGE DOOR CLOSED, AND EXHAUST FUMES ENTERED THEIR HOME THROUGH AN ADJOINING OPEN DOOR, OVERCOMING THEM.

A FAMILY MEMBER DISCOVERED THE BODIES AND NOTIFIED AUTHORITIES.

THE NAMES OF THE VICTIMS HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED.