Home Local News EMPLOYEE INJURED IN BIG OX ENERGY PLANT ACCIDENT

EMPLOYEE INJURED IN BIG OX ENERGY PLANT ACCIDENT

2023
0
SHARE

AN EMPLOYEE OF THE BIG OX ENERGY COMPANY IN SOUTH SIOUX CITY WAS HOSPITALIZED WEDNESDAY NIGHT AFTER BEING EXPOSED TO HYDROGEN SULFIDE AT THE PLANT WHEN A VALVE FAILED ON A PIPE THAT WAS BEING INSTALLED.

COMPANY OFFICIALS SAY PLANT EMPLOYEES WERE EVACUATED AROUND 7PM BECAUSE OF THE LEAKING PIPE AND THE BUILDING WAS CLOSED.

THE INJURED WORKER WAS TAKEN BY AMBULANCE TO MERCY MEDICAL CENTER.

THE NAME OF THE VICTIM HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED.