Home Local News ODORS CONTINUE TO FORCE SOUTH SIOUX CITY RESIDENTS OUT OF THEIR HOMES

ODORS CONTINUE TO FORCE SOUTH SIOUX CITY RESIDENTS OUT OF THEIR HOMES

1289
0
SHARE

Two months after being forced out of their homes by a sewer gas odor, several South Sioux City residents are still waiting to return to their homes and facing spending Christmas in a hotel.

The odor came into their homes from backflow into the city’s sewer system from Big Ox Energy and possible other sources.

Those residents vented their frustrations at Monday night’s South Sioux City council meeting.

Jonathan Goodier and his wife and two sons have been out of their home since October 24th.


OC………..MY LIFE AND MY TIME. :20

Chris Cornell was told by the city last week to go back to his home.

He tried to, but found unsafe chemical emissions were still inside his residence:


OC………..answers we need. ;06

City Administrator Lance Hedquist said he did tell Cornell to go back home, but that was after inspectors had told him the house was safe:


OC……..who had been in there. :15

The residents asked the city to bring in other experts from out of town because they’re upset that the odor issue still can’t be resolved locally.