An early morning fire caused severe damage to a home at 2837 2nd Street in Sioux City.
Firefighters arrived just before 1:30am Tuesday and found smoke and flames visible from the roof of the one story wood framed structure.
The fire was extinguished and all occupants and pets safely escaped the structure.
The cause of this fire has been determined to be an electrical malfunction in the attic.
The home owned by Dan & Diane Hearty has been red-tagged by city inspectors because of the damage.
Photo by George Lindblade